Friday, February 15, 2008

Monetize your web presence - part 1

Of course you need a web presence before you can monetize it. So lets start there.
First you will need to select a topic, a focus if you will, of your web presence. Obviously the focus of this blog is making "money" [ok, sometimes it isn't money]. Once you have a topic you will need to decide if you will purchase your own domain like www.americasbeachbum.com or use a blogging website like www.blogger.com. I'm using both right now. Right now I have six working web sites that are generating a little bit of income.

After you have decided if you want your own domain or not you will then select a web address. This can be troublesome because the address you might like may not be available. I wanted beachbum.com and when that wasn't available I tried to get americanbeachbum.com which wasn't available either. So I settled with americasbeachbum.com. Also I originally wanted alternativeincome.bolgspot.com but once again I was denied. That lead me to select incomealternatives.blogspot.com which I like just as well as the other one.

Tomorrow: part 2 acquiring a domain and hosting.

1 comment:

Johnson said...

Nice post. Thanks for sharing valuable information.


Education Leads